Tuesday, March 8, 2011

When it rains, it pours

Life has been hectic. I am sure everyone's is, so I know you can relate. One thing after another comes up; the computer gets a virus, the dog messes on the floor, the car has problems, you have no money, and to put the cherry on top your car gets towed. Ha, thats life-- when it rains, it pours.

But I suppose in the mist of all this mess I just have to laugh, because in reality I have it oh so much better than a lot of people do. So lately, any time another drop of stinkin rain falls I just laugh to myself and begin singing-- what has lately become my lifes favorite song-- "This is the stuff" by Francesca Battistelli (in my head of course). I guess God is just trying to do some work in me. PATIENCE seems to be His main focus in my life right now, and unfortunately I would have to say it is the most inconvenient characteristic to have to obtain. However, its exciting, I have been asking for it, so I suppose He's listening and taking me through this all to refine the heck out of my personality. Which, if I had to speak for those close in my life, would not be a bad thing. haha.

All in all, it is so nice to know that no matter how hard it rains or how long it pours I can still be filled with the peace and joy of knowing that God is at work. There have been a lot of changes in my life lately-- none of which are bad-- however the adjustments have been testing the daylights out of me, but I seriously have so much joy thinking about the wonderful plan God has laid out for me for this next year.

"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way."
--James 1:2-4 Msg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers