Monday, March 14, 2011

Good Ole Canada

Well it's Spring Break, and I didnt take the typical route south to the beach, I managed to make my way over and up to good ole Canada!
Its fun the oportunity you have to meet new people when you travel, in such a short time you can learn so much about them. My first flight down to Houston I was suppose to be all by my lonesome on the plane, but as I squeezed out of the plane's barely big enough to fit a small child bathroom, there was an older lady in a white antique lace sundress, black tights, jean jacket, and looonnng blonde hair with bangs straight across her forehead. She had the voice of a long time smoker and the look of a flower child. She greeted me with a smile of relief as she asked if I was sitting next to her. We did the usual banter about where we were headed and why but quickly got into conversation as if we were long time friends. Since it had only been a day since the Tsunami in Japan so we got to talking about it. She told me that she just heard from her son the day before that him and his family were okay. They live in Tokyo and Sandra (thats the lady's name by the way) said that she had been a wreck waiting to hear from them. Sandra said he had to hook his phone up to his car battery to get enough power to give notice that they were okay.
Inbetween a few naps on the plane, Sandra and I covered topics on relationships, sickness, music.... well pretty much everything. She was a joy to have to sit next to, she even shared her butterfinger with me- anyone who does that is okay in my book! haha.
So I had an hour and some change layover which seemed to only last about 15 minutes before we started boarding. I had a middle seat this time inbetween what looked like a Canadian Guido and an older man that was coming back with a missions group from Nicaragua. They were guys so conversation didnt go much further than where ya headed, where ya from, stuff like that. Thank goodness for a $6 swipe of the card for some Direct TV to entertain me on what seemed like a forever long flight.
Well I FINALLY made it! Went through customs, grabbed my bag, and out I went to my long lost friend Amanda (she's not really lost but it made for good dramatic effect, go with me on this) As we found each other and went for a hug we both unexspectedly started crying, realizing the we looked like two lesbians and dryed it up really quick haha. It was dark when I arrived so I had to wait until morning to awake to the most gorgeous view of snow covered mountians, the real ones- not the "lynchburg mountains" those are now just hills to me. Sad, but I'll live.
Well it's nothing but bumming around today, wings tonight, and season finally of the Bachelor.
Tomorrow off to Banff, hot springs here I come!

2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog and i LOVE it ;) you have some great posts here! safe travels for ya dear! i can't wait to read more! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Darnay! Sounds fun! I'm jealous you get to see Amanda! I miss you lots...when you get back we need to hang out ASAP! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Followers